WEDNESDAYS at 7:30PM
Meditation in Williamsburg
Our classes begin on time, please arrive 10-15 mins early.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate late arrivals because our volunteer receptionists participate in class. The buzzer is turned off when the class begins.
$15 per class or Free for Supporting Members
GENERAL CLASS STRUCTURE:
- Simple guided breathing / relaxation meditation (20-25 minutes).
- Practical teaching on meditation in conjunction with the specific class topic (40-45 minutes).
- Discussion / Questions & Answers (15 -20 minutes).
General Info About Our Classes & Class Format
Wednesday - 7:30PM to 9PM
How to Transform Your Life
a blissful journey
In this series, perfect both for newcomers and those more experienced, we will explore Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s newly published How to Transform Your Life.
This practical manual for daily life shows how we can develop authentic inner peace, overcome daily problems and bring about positive changes in our life that enable us to experience deep and lasting happiness. Each class consists of guided meditations and clear explanations, as well as an opportunity to ask questions.
The emphasis will be on how to integrate our practice of training the mind with every aspect of our life: work, family, friends, down-time etc.
- Aug 16 A New Direction
- Aug 23 Meditation, Happiness and Inner Peace
- Aug 30 Meditation and Transforming Your Life
- Sept 6 How to Develop and Maintain a Peaceful Mind
- Sept 13 Understanding the Levels of Consciousness
- Sept 20 Making The Most of our Life
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated. No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.