THURSDAY at 7:30PM
Meditation in Williamsburg
Our classes begin on time, please arrive 10-15 mins early.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate late arrivals because our volunteer receptionists participate in class. The buzzer is turned off when the class begins.
$15 per class or Free for Supporting Members
GENERAL CLASS STRUCTURE:
- Simple guided breathing / relaxation meditation (20-25 minutes).
- Practical teaching on meditation in conjunction with the specific class topic (40-45 minutes).
- Discussion / Questions & Answers (15 -20 minutes).
General Info About Our Classes & Class Format
Thursday - 7:30PM to 9PM
Ignite Your Potential
Meditation, Mindfulness and the Limitless Nature of the Mind
According to the great meditator yogis of the past, the best method to improve our mindfulness and concentration is the meditation on the nature of the mind.
In this series we will explore this deeply relaxing and profoundly illuminating meditation, in particular how to improve our experience of it so that we actualize for ourselves its many benefits. These benefits include: increased mindfulness, concentration, peace, happiness, and insight into the mind’s limitless nature. Through these insights we tap into our extraordinary potential for change and growth, enhanced optimism, patience and purpose, and a solution-oriented mind.
Although each class is self-contained, when taken as a series, the classes will constitute an extraordinary journey into the nature of our mind, reality, and life. Everyone welcome.
- Aug 24 Ignite Your Potential
- Aug 31 Being Mindful of Happiness
- Sept 7 The Art of Letting Go
- Sept 14 A Place of Possibility
- Sept 21 The Power of an Undistracted Mind
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated. No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.