Summer Saturday Meditation Workshops
11:30AM to 12:45PM
Our classes begin on time, please arrive 10-15 mins early.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate late arrivals because our volunteer receptionists participate in class. The buzzer is turned off when the class begins.
$12 per class or Free for Supporting Members
According to Buddha our suffering comes about due to the uncontrolled and painful states of mind, known as the delusions. During our summer term, we will be focusing on Buddha’s illuminating teachings on these painful minds and how to overcome them. In each session we will focus on how to deal with a particular delusion, learning practical methods to reduce its hold on us and in this way allowing us to experience a deep and satisfying emotional freedom. As our delusions diminish we draw closer to the person we wish to be, a joyful, confident and loving person.
- July 15, 2017 Meditations on our Precious Human Life
- July 22, 2017 Meditations on Love
- July 29, 2017 Meditations on Self-Confidence
- August 5, 2017 Healing Meditations
- August 12, 2017 Clarity of the Mind
- August 19, 2017 Refuge
- August 26, 2017 Cooling the Heat of Anger
GENERAL CLASS STRUCTURE:
- Simple guided breathing / relaxation meditation (20-25 minutes).
- Practical teaching on meditation in conjunction with the specific class topic (35-40 minutes).
- Discussion / Questions & Answers (10-15 minutes).