MONDAYS at 7PM
Meditation in Williamsburg
Our classes begin on time, please arrive 10-15 mins early.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate late arrivals because our volunteer receptionists participate in class. The buzzer is turned off when the class begins.
$15 per class or Free for Supporting Members
GENERAL CLASS STRUCTURE:
- Simple guided breathing / relaxation meditation (20-25 minutes).
- Practical teaching on meditation in conjunction with the specific class topic (40-45 minutes).
- Discussion / Questions & Answers (15 -20 minutes).
General Info About Our Classes & Class Format
Monday - 7:00PM to 8:30PM
Karma - The Key to Creating Happiness
the essence of spiritual growth
In this series, perfect both for newcomers and those more experienced, we will explore the relationship between karma, meditation, happiness and a deeper sense of purpose in our lives. The Buddhist meditation on karma teaches us how to access and maintain inner joy, even when experiencing difficulties. Through understanding karma and connecting this to the natural joy within our mind opens us up to recognizing and identifying with the potential for happiness, love and other good qualities that exist within each and every one of us. The emphasis will be on how to integrate our practice of training the mind with every aspect of our life: work, family, friends, down-time etc.
- Oct 2 Why Me? Understanding Karma
- Oct 9 Why Me? Understanding Karma Part II
- Oct 16 Karma - Creating Happiness
- Oct 23 The Wisdom of Karma
- Oct 30 Protecting Your Karma
More class titles to follow ....
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated. No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.